Get started with Power Automate
Power Automate is a service that automates repetitive tasks to improve the efficiency of any organization.
It is a true business asset, saving an incredible amount of time by automating manual and repetitive tasks, simply by recording mouse clicks, keystrokes and copy and paste steps from your desktop.
Power automation offers you many functions :
- Automate business processes
- Send automatic reminders for overdue tasks
- Move business data between systems on a schedule
- Connect to over 500 data sources or any publicly available API
- Automate tasks on your local computer, such as calculating data in Excel
Who can use Power Automate?
Whether you are a basic business user or an IT professional. It is very easy to create automated processes using Power Automate's no-code/low-code platform.
Several industries have adopted it and implemented Microsoft Power Platform solutions using Power Automate, including:
- Banking sector
- Retail sector
- Manufacturing sector
- Insurance sector
- Health Care sector
Different types of flows
To automate your tasks, it is necessary to create flows. For this, there are 3 different types.
Create a cloud stream when you want your automation to be triggered automatically, instantly or via a schedule.
Create an event-driven automation: an email from a specific person or a mention of your company on social media.
Connectors for cloud or on-premises services connect your accounts and enable them to talk to each other.
Automate repetitive tasks from your desktop or mobile devices. For example, instantly send a reminder to the team with the touch of a button from your mobile device.
Wide range of tasks such as requesting an approval, an action in Teams or SharePoint.
Schedule an automation such as daily data upload to SharePoint or a database.
Tasks that need to be automated on a schedule.
Desktop workflows are used to automate tasks on the web or desktop.
Business process flows provide a guide for people to do their jobs. They provide a streamlined user experience that guides people through the processes their organization has defined. This user experience can be customized so that people, with different security roles can have an experience that best suits the work they are doing.
Create a flux
1. Select a template that's useful for you.
For example : Notify and Email when a new file is uploaded to OneDrive.
2. Select continue
3. Select the OneDrive folder you want to monitor
4. Select Save
It is also possible to create a cloud workflow from scratch. This allows you to control the entire workflow :
- Workflow with many steps
- Execute tasks according to a schedule
- Create an approval workflow
- Watch a cloud flow in action
- Publish a template
- Create flows from a Microsoft Teams template
Peek at the code
You don't have to be a developer to create flows. However, Power Automate provides a code peek feature that allows anyone to take a closer look at the code generated for all actions and triggers in a cloud flow. A peek in the code can give you a better understanding of the data used by triggers and actions.
To view the code generated for your feeds from the Power Automate designer, you must:
1. Select the menu item in the upper right corner of any action or trigger
2. Select Code Peek
3. Notice the full JSON representation of the actions and triggers. This includes all inputs, such as the text you enter directly, and expressions used. You can select expressions here and then paste them into the Dynamic Content expression editor. This can also give you a way to verify the data you expect is present in the flow.
Even more features
You can easily find your feeds. Access the search box on the My Feeds screen, then Team Feeds and Connections or Solutions to view only those feeds that match the search terms you entered.
You can also enable cloud feed activity notifications in case there is a problem.
There is a Power Automate mobile app available for Android, iOS or Windows Phone that allows you to monitor flow activity, manage your flows and create flows from templates.
Find directly our Power Automate offer : https://skc.lu/pages/microsoft-power-automate